Woodbrooke is piloting a new year-long training programme for young adults aged 19-28.
What will YAFs gain from taking part?
- A greater understanding of Quaker history and processes
- Developed personal spiritual practices
- An understanding of leadership within Quakers and the wider world
- An opportunity to develop your practical skills for your professional, voluntary and spiritual lives
- An understanding of how to approach conflict in the workplace or in other situations
- Increased involvement in your Quaker community
- Developed facilitation and group work skills
- You can also take part in 3 short courses at Woodbrooke for half the normal price
It’s an opportunity for you to grow as a Quaker leader in your community, and hopefully feed that back into YFGM in the future.
The Young Adult Leadership course as Woodbrooke is taking applications until May 30th.
The cost for the course is quite £1450, so YFGM has financial assistance to help people who want the opportunity.
YFGM has £3000 specifically budgeted to help those who want to participate (and you should all want to). Woodbrooke itself also has funds should we run over a bit, and there is always YFGM’s normal bursary fund.
We have a little form for you to fill out so we can determine how to divide up funds if we have more than 2 applicants.
The application deadline for funding assistance is June 15th. We will consider applications up until Woodbrooke give us the names of those who have been selected to take part in the course.