YFGM in May will be held from Friday 26th May – Monday 29th May at Redland Quaker Meeting House in Bristol.
Quakers (and the Quaker-curious) aged 18-35 are warmly invited to come along for the weekend.
This extra-long weekend will give us time to live together as a community for the weekend, sharing worship, food, and company.
Through our business, spirituality, and special interest groups, we will spend time:
- Thinking about our next steps in tackling racism and transphobia within, and beyond, Quakerism
- Hearing back from our rep to the European and Middle East Section gathering, as well as hearing about other work Friends have been doing on our behalf
- Considering what we would like to see discussed by Britain Yearly Meeting
- Discussing topics that are important to us that YFGM may want to act on
- Building and maintaining our community
- Having fun!
The timetable and documents in advance will be published in the next few weeks.
On Friday arrivals are from 6pm with Opening Worship at 6:30pm. Please try to arrive from 6pm and no earlier, unless you’ve been asked to help set up.
On Monday our timetable finishes at 3pm, after we eat lunch together and tidy the meeting house.
Register here: yfgm.quaker.org.uk/register-for-yfgm-bristol-may-2023/